Job Title: Marketing Executive
Reporting to: Steve Green, Principal Consultant
Location: Moorgate, London
Purple Consultancy is a fast-growing strategic management consulting business based in Moorgate. London. We work with a wide range of clients across sectors, with a focus on NFP/Charity, Education, Law, Technology and Healthcare.
As demand for our services increases, we are recruiting a number of staff (across both our consulting and support operations) to help us meet that demand.
This job description relates to the recently established Marketing Executive role.
The Marketing Executive Role
Purple’s new Marketing Executive will play a critical part in the success of the business as we grow our client base and expand into other veritcals. In support of our strategic objectives, the successful applicant will work with colleagues on the development, delivery and monitoring of marketing campaigns across channels, with specific responsibility for delivering:
- Improved brand recognition within Purple’s target markets;
- Increased inbound enquiry volumes.
- Improved enquiry to meeting, and ultimately enquiry to sale, conversion rates.
- Improved campaign ROI.
As Marketing Executive, to deliver on the KPI’s set out above the successful candidate will need:
- A minimum of 3 years’ B2B experience in a marketing role where the focus has been on high quality enquiry generation.
- Solid full mix marketing experience across both digital and offline media channels.
- An understanding of Marketing Strategy & Planning, and how that translates into marketing campaigns.
- A proven record of developing and managing multi-channels campaigns (on time and within budget) across: Events, PR, PPC, Website/SEO, Social Media, e-mail marketing, OTP/Press. Associated with this:
- Designing/drafting high quality marketing collateral, digital and offline.
- Expanding the company’s online presence via the appropriate social media channels.
- Creating and publishing content for social media posts, blogs, articles, newsletters, the Purple website, and emails to support enquiry generation campaigns.
- Using CRM systems (e.g. Hubspot) to track and report on enquiry generation campaigns.
- Associated with the above, a broad understanding of how to use sales funnel management to maximise conversion rates down the sales pipeline.
- A focus on campaign-related data, with a clear understanding of how to calculate campaign-related ROI.
- Development and management of market and competitor research.
- Managing marketing and/or PR agencies to ensure effective campaign delivery.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Reporting of key performance metrics to Senior Management.
In addition to the above, the following experience would be helpful:
- Experience of managing marketing activities within a professional services or technology business.
- Experience of Wordpress, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop or similar.
- A basic understanding of Google Adwords and Analytics.
- Experience of developing strategic alliances.
Requirements: Skills & Personal Attributes
Purple is growing fast. We employ bright, energetic people who enjoy working as part of a team, but who are equally capable of ‘getting on with the job’ independently as required by the business. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, alongside a willingness to support other team members as required.
- A proactive, well-disciplined self-starter with a high level of personal energy.
- First-class interpersonal and, related to that, excellent staff management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, not least strong copywriting skills, with a good eye for detail. You don’t need to be a journalist, but you need to be able to write promotional and other styles of copy.
- Commercial awareness, with an understanding of how marketing campaigns impact sales and the bottom line.
- An analytical approach to decision-making, with a solid understanding of the value of data within a marketing context.
- Creative thinking, with the confidence to question accepted wisdom and the status quo.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Flexibility, with a willingness and the ability to work across a range of tasks, often simultaneously.
- A calm and collected approach to dealing with the inevitable challenges.
- An ability to work under pressure when required. Resilient, with a good sense of humour.
In addition, you will be able to identify and effectively communicate (internally) opportunities to improve the Purple Consultancy business.
Our Core Values
Maintaining our values is very important to us. It is therefore essential that new team members share our core beliefs in relation to openness, honesty / trustworthiness and credibility.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 20 days’ holiday. Invitation to the company share EMI scheme is available to exceptional candidates on successful completion of probation.